About Marcelo Lewin
Created: 2020 | Acquired: TBD | Acquired by: TBD
I discovered headless technologies, specifically, the Contentful Headless CMS and became a huge fan of headless, content architecting and content modeling. I created various content shows around that to attract developers and started consulting and built a small clientele of steady customers.
Created: 2017 | Acquired: 2019 | Acquired by: Humaneyes Technologies
As a VR and AR evangelist and creator of 360 and VR since November of 2017, I'm a huge believer of immersive technology and its future in our lives. I wanted to have a place where I could learn how to create VR taught by industry professionals, so I decided to create HowToCreateVR.com in November of 2018. Since then, it has become THE place to watch tutorials on how to create Virtual (and Augmented) Reality taught by industry professionals. You can also listen to weekly interviews with industry insiders and creators, attend live VR events in AltspaceVR and watch free live webinars, all focused on immersive technologies. In September 2019, How To Create VR was acquired by Humaneyes Technologies.
Created: 2009 | Acquired: 2012 | Acquired by: Moviola
As the founder and creator of FilmmakingWebinars.com, I designed, produced, edited and delivered hundreds of online webinars focused on filmmakers on a weekly basis. I grew the site to 22,000 viewers, at which point, it was acquired by Moviola. Finally, I managed the acquisition of Filmmaking Webinars with Moviola and oversaw the integration of it into Moviola’s infrastructure.
Created: 2008 | Acquired: 2008 | Acquired by: ProMAX Systems
As the founder and creator of PixelHeadsNetwork.com, I designed, produced, recorded, edited and delivered hundreds of audio podcasts on a weekly basis focused on media creators. Grew the site to over 8,000 listeners, at which point, the website was acquired by ProMAX Systems. Finally, I managed the acquisition of Pixel Heads Network with ProMAX Systems and oversaw the integration of it into ProMAX Systems’ infrastructure.
Created: 1999 | Acquired: 2000 | Acquired by: Internet Appliance Network
During the "Dot Com" era, I created a website called MyInternetDesktop.com, which allowed users to manage their life on the Web. The site offered an API which allowed developers to create apps that ran inside My Internet Desktop. Grew the site to thousands of users, at which point, it was acquired by Internet Appliance Network. I then managed both the acquisition of the site and the post-acquisition integration of the site into IAN’s infrastructure.
CourseMaker Podcast Interview
Headless Marketing Show
Frequently Asked Questions
How much work experience do you have?
- Walt Disney Imagineering
- Toyota Motor Credit Corporation
- J.F.Shea Co., Inc.
- Internet Appliance Network
What's your current job?
What other positions have you held in the past?
- Senior Content Solutions Architect
- eLearning Senior Manager
- eLearning Manager
- eLearning Developer and Producer
- Content Creator
- Web Project Manager
- Director of Interactive Media
- Senior Web Project Manger
- Division Vice President
- Lead Web Developer
- Senior Web Developer
- Web Developer
Do you have samples of the various kinds of content you created in the past?
- This website.
- Headless Creator Podcast.
- Lots of Websites for various customers and employers
- Web Apps for various customers and employers
- Websites I sold to other companies (see Entrepreneurship above)
- An iOS App just because I wanted to learn how to make one.
- A Virtual Reality Experience for ServiceTitan.
- A home grown CMS for SheaHomes.com
- A comic book called "The Only Choice" to learn how to make one.
- Many podcasts.
- Many tutorials and eLearning.
- Many blog articles on filmmaking, virtual reality, development and more.
- Many webinars on filmmaking, podcasting, virtual reality, eLearning and more.
- Short films (Patient 8794, Confronting the Problem and Shaving) just because.
- A comedy site called TheDailyFarce.com.
- Too many social media channels.
What are your favorite tools and technologies to work with?
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Lightroom
- Techsmith SnagIt
- Techsmith Camtasia
- Video Cameras
- Audio Equipment
- 360 VR Equipment
- Video / Photography Lighting
- iOS Development
- Google Workspace
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Google Slides
- Microsoft Office